How We Got The Bible
Join us as we explore how God’s Holy Word has unfolded through the writings of ancient times into our modern Bible. The story will be told in a 3-day series of presentations by Mike Wilson, evangelist at the Santa Clara, California church of Christ. Wander through displays of ancient Bibles, parchments, and replicas of early writings that will illustrate the presentations.
Note: Each presentation will be on a different topic, and display areas will be closed during presentations.
Friday, Feb 10
- Displays Open 6:30 - 7:00 PM
- Presentation 7:00 - 8:00 PM | "God Spoke..." - The Word of God, Launched by God, Guaranteed by God
- Displays Open 8:00 - 8:30 PM
Saturday, Feb 11
- Presentation 9:00 - 10:00 AM | "A Book" - Publishing the Message, Preserving the Message, Putting the Message into "Book" Form
- Displays Open 10:00 - 11:00 AM
- Presentation 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM | "Transmission of the Text" - Can We Trust the Manuscripts?
- Displays Open 12:00 - 1:00 PM
Sunday, Feb 12
- Presentation 9:00 - 10:00 AM | "The Bible in the Middle Ages" - How did the Sacred Text Survive the Dark Ages?
- Presentation 10:00 - 11:00 AM | "Translated into English" - Not as Easy as You Might Think
- Displays Open 2:00 - 4:30 PM
- Presentation 5:00 - 6:00 PM | "The Final Act of Translation" - From the Written Page to the Heart
Do I need to register or pay for this event?
No - this event is free of charge and requires no pre-registration. Come as you can, and we'll be pleased to see you here!
Is each presentation unique or are they all the same?
Unique information will be presented in each presentation, so to gain the full benefit we encourage you to attend as many as you are able. However, these are standalone presentations and valuable in enhancing your visit should you only stay for one.
Can I go through the displays during presentation times?
Displays will be closed during presentation times. They will be open during the hours surrounding the presentations, at the times shown in the event schedule above.
Where is this event located?
All presentations and displays will be held at the Vestavia church of Christ building at 2325 Old Columbiana Road, Vestavia Hills, AL 35216. Parking will be available on site and at surrounding lots.
Is this event handicap accessible?
Yes. Handicap parking spots are available in our lot, and the presentations and displays within this event are all handicap accessible.
Will the presentations be recorded?
Yes, recordings of the presentations will be archived and accessible on our website for your reference after the event.
Contact us for more information!